MAIN ROTOR BLADE SCRATCH, NICK, OR GOUGE REPAIR continued
Rotor blades are not to be repainted over entire surface of blade. Only light touchup of eroded or
repaired area is allowed. Severe chordwise imbalance problems may result from repainting blade.
e. Refinish reworked area.
(1) Spray a full, even coat of primer on reworked area (TM 55-1500-345-23). Use epoxy primer coating kit
(item 78, App F), spray gun, and paint cup.
(2) Feather primer into existing painted surfaces.
(3) Allow primer to air dry for at least 1 HOUR.
(4) Spray a full, even coat of polyurethane coating on reworked area (TM 55-1500-345-23). Use polyurethane
coating (item 140, App F), spray gun, and paint cup.
(5) Feather edges into the existing surfaces.
(6) Allow polyurethane coating to air dry at least 3 HOURS.
f. Inspect (QA).
g. Perform main rotor track and balance maintenance operational check (TM 1-1520-238-T).
END OF TASK