MAIN ROTOR BLADE SPAR TO SPAR DEBOND REPAIR (AVIM) continued
Do not apply adhesive if pressure cannot
be applied to repair before pot life of
adhesive expires once mixed, failure to
comply will result in an ineffective spar
If primer was applied in excess of 4
HOURS repeat solvent wiping and prim-
n. Prepare adhesive for use. Use adhesive
(item 2A, App F).
(1) Note time of adhesive mix.
(2) Lift and brace the debonded outer spar sur-
face open at center of repair area. Use
depressor (item 70, App F).
(3) Apply adhesive between mating surfaces of
spars until adhesive flows out, past the edge
surfaces. Use syringe (item 195A, App F)
and needle (item 127A, App F).
(4) Work adhesive under spar mating surfaces
moving from inboard to outboard end of re-
pair. Use gauge or metal applicator equiva-
lent 0.003 - 0.005 INCHES thick.
(5) Remove and discard wedging material.
(6) Wipe excess adhesive from blade (1) with dry
cloth. Use cloth (item 51, App F).
GO TO NEXT PAGE
M04 5206 21