MAIN ROTOR BLADE SPAR TO SPAR DEBOND REPAIR (AVIM) continued
o. Cover debonded spar (2) repair area with
(1) Work air out of adhesive by applying and re-
leasing thumb pressure on spar, working from
one end of repair to the other.
(2) If required, cut away tape to allow for rein-
stallation of tip screw (4).
(3) Install spar No. 1 tip screw (4) on main rotor
(4) Torque tip screw to 25 INCH POUNDS. Use
(5) Apply tape over center of seam of repair leav-
ing 0.5 to 1.0 INCH open at each end of re-
pair. Use tape (item 203A, App F).
p. Cover debonded spar (2) repair area with re-
lease film (6).
(1) Cover repair area with release film, 12.0
INCHES wide and length of repair plus 6.0
INCHES. Use release film pre-cut earlier and
tape (item 203A, App F).
If Spar Debond Tool is available, per-
form steps q thru w.
If Spar Debond Tool is not available,
perform steps x and y.
GO TO NEXT PAGE
M04 5206 22
M04 5206 23