MAIN ROTOR BLADE SPAR TO SPAR DEBOND REPAIR (AVIM) continued
ae. Remove release film (6) from blade (1).
(1) Remove tape and release film (6) from blade
af. Remove tip end fairing (3) from tip end of
(1) Remove tape holding tip end fairing (3) on
(2) Remove tip end fairing (3) from blade (1).
(3) Remove all tape used for protection from tip
end fairing (3).
ag. Sand adhesive squeeze-out on blade (1) in
spanwise direction. Use wheel (item 219A,
App F) and file set.
Ensure the locations for the main rotor
blade outboard weight support fittings are
not misinterpreted as debonded area of
ah. Check repaired debonded spar (2).
(1) Tap a coin held between thumb and fore fin-
ger on blade (1). A bonded spot will have a
sharp ring. A debonded spot will have a dull
ai. Wipe blade (1) clean. Use methyl ethyl ketone
(item 124, App F) and cloth (item 51, App F).
GO TO NEXT PAGE
M04 5206 38
M04 5206 39
M04 5206 40