MAIN ROTOR BLADE PHASE ADJUSTMENT continued
k. Grasp tip cap (5) and oscillate blade (1) fore
and aft 20 times, with total displacement of 6.0
to 10.0 INCHES.
(1) Release tip cap (5) and allow blade (1) to
Do not stare into beam. Class 2 la-
ser devices, which emit visible
light, are not hazardous when
viewed for less than 0.25 seconds.
Eye injury can occur to viewers who
continuously stare at the direct
Do not fire a laser upon any surface
that can cause specular reflection,
such as mirrors, glass, chrome or
other shiny surfaces. Reflected la-
ser light can be as dangerous to the
eye as direct exposure.
l. Turn on laser (18), or view target (3) through
(1) If laser spot or crosshairs are centered on
target (3) center line, or no more than 0.30
INCH to left of target center line, blade (1) is
in phase. Go to step m.
(2) If laser spot or crosshairs are more than 0.30
INCH to left of the target line (lagging), adjust
dampers. Go to paragraph 5.8.4.
(3) If laser spot or crosshairs are to the right of
target line (leading), adjust dampers. Go to
m. Remove phasing target (3).
(1) Remove two screws (4) and target (3) from tip
(2) Reinstall two screws (4) in tip cap (5).
GO TO NEXT PAGE
AND PHASED 90º