MAIN ROTOR BLADE ANTI-PEEL DOUBLER REPAIR (AVIM) continued
i. Cut one piece of ply cloth (6) the same size as
doubler (1). Use cloth (item 53, App F) and
j. Apply adhesive to binding surfaces of doubler
(1) and blade (2).
(1) Apply a smooth coat of adhesive to bonding
surface of doubler (1) and blade (2). Use
adhesive (item 2, App F) and brush (item 34,
k. Place cloth (6) on blade bonding surface and
impregnate with adhesive.
(1) Place cloth (6) on blade (2) bonding surface.
(2) Apply adhesive to cloth (6) so that cloth is fully
wetted with adhesive. Ensure that no air
bubbles or wrinkles exist. Use adhesive
(item 2, App F) and cloth (item 53, App F).
l. Install doubler (1) on blade (2).
(1) Position doubler (1) on cloth (6) and work into
adhesive using gentle hand pressure. Ensure
that slots in doubler are alined with mounting
holes on blade (2).
(2) Place tape over doubler (1) and work all air
bubbles out from under doubler (1). Use tape
(item 207, App F).
(3) Cover entire repair area with cellophane. Use
cellophane (item 41, App F).
GO TO NEXT PAGE