MAIN ROTOR BLADE FORWARD AND AFT TIP WEIGHT REMOVAL/INSTALLATION
c. Remove aft weight support fitting (11) from
(1) Remove two nuts (12) and washers (13) from
aft studs (14).
(2) Remove the aft weight support fitting (11)
from blade (2).
Weights must be reinstalled in the exact
order and placement they are removed.
do not mix weight, stack height, and ar-
rangement of weights.
d. Remove aft tip weights (15) from support fit-
(1) Inventory and record the aft counterbalance
weights (15) by part number. Include total
weight, stack height, and arrangement of
(2) Remove two nuts (16) and washers (17) from
(3) Remove aft counterbalance weights (15)
from support fitting (11).
a. Clean removed and attaching parts (para
a. Check removed and attaching parts for
(1) If cracks are suspected, perform nondestruc-
tive inspection (TM 1-1520-264-23).
b. Check main rotor blade tip counterbalance
weights for corrosion. (para 1.49).
c. Check main rotor blade weight support fitting
(1) Check for stripped, crossed, or flattened threads. None allowed.
GO TO NEXT PAGE