MAIN ROTOR PITCH HOUSING REMOVAL continued
a. Check striker plates, feathering bearing housing, feathering bearing, and strap pack for damage (para
b. Check harness support bracket for loose or damaged nutplates (TM 1-1500-204-23).
c. Check electrical leads for loose terminals, damaged insulation, or broken wires. None allowed.
d. Check pitch housing and feathering bearing housing for cracks. None allowed.
e. Check pitch housing for nicks, scratches, gouges, and corrosion.
(1) Defects up to 0.010 INCH deep, 0.010 INCH wide, and 0.050 INCH long are acceptable.
f. Check pitch housing shim for debonding.
(1) Debonding up to 50 PERCENT of circumference is allowed provided shim is not cracked, torn, or buckled.
(2) Debonded shim shall be replaced not later than next phase inspection interval. Annotate aircraft records as
g. Check inboard feathering bearing mounting holes for wear.
(1) Maximum diameter of inboard holes is 0.407 INCH.
h. Inspect pitch link attachment area.
(1) Flange bushing maximum inside diameter is 0.7505 INCH.
(2) Aluminum bronze bushing maximum inside diameter is 0.8765 INCH.
(3) Nylon washer for bonding and damage. Loose washer shall be rebonded and a washer that is worn
through shall be replaced (para 5.29A).
i. Check pitch link holes for wear.
(1) Flange bushings maximum diameter is 0.7505 INCH.
(2) Aluminum bronze bushing maximum diameter is 0.8765 INCH.
j. Check outboard lead lag link mounting holes for wear.
(1) Teflon liner minimum thickness 0.008 INCH.
(2) Maximum radial play between lead lag link bearing and teflon lined insert is 0.015 INCH.
(3) Teflon liner material cannot be worn through.
k. Check damper holes for wear.
(1) Upper bushing 0.8771 INCH maximum.
(2) Lower bushing 0.7508 INCH maximum.
END OF TASK