MAIN ROTOR PITCH HOUSING SHIM REPLACEMENT (AVIM) continued
Do not place heater near flammable
material or allow heater to contact
skin: severe burns can result. Wear
protective equipment. If injury occurs,
seek medical aid.
a. Remove shim (1) from main rotor pitch hous-
(1) Apply heat to shim (1) and pry loose. Use
putty knife, heater, and protective gloves.
a. Clean pitch housing (para 1.47).
a. Check pitch housing shim mounting area for
(1) Check for cracks. None allowed.
(2) Defects are acceptable up to 0.010 INCH
deep, 0.010 INCH wide, and 0.050 INCH
long, before blending.
(3) Check for corrosion (para 1.49).
b. Check pitch housing tang minimum thick-
ness. Use caliper set.
(1) Measure upper tang, minimum thickness
(2) Measure lower tang, minimum thickness
It is not necessary to remove old adhe-
sive completely. Old adhesive works well
as a primer when rebonding.
a. Prepare surface of shim (1) and pitch housing
(1) Lightly sand pitch housing (2) shim mating
surface. Use cloth (item 48, App F).
GO TO NEXT PAGE