MAIN ROTOR STRIKER PLATE REMOVAL/INSTALLATION continued
a. Remove main rotor striker plate (1) and
shim(s) (2) from feathering bearing housing
(1) Remove lockwire from two bolts (4).
(2) Remove two bolts (4) and washers (5).
Place hand under striker plate to prevent
shim(s) from falling when striker plate is
(3) Remove plate (1) and shim(s) (2).
a. Wipe striker plate and feathering bearing
housing. Use cloth (item 52, App F).
a. Check pitch housing, striker plate, shims, and
feathering bearing housing for cracks. None
b. Check striker plate for dents or gouges.
(1) Maximum depth not to exceed 0.030 INCH.
c. Check feathering bearing housing for
scratches and nicks.
(1) Less than 0.005 INCH may be blended out.
d. Check pitch housing and feathering bearing
housing for corrosion (para 1.49).
e. Check feathering bearing housing threaded
inserts and shims for damage. None allowed.
GO TO NEXT PAGE