MAIN ROTOR BLADE LEAD LAG LINK PIVOT LOW FRICTION SLEEVE BEARINGS
REPLACEMENT (AVIM) continued
Do not use heat guns or ovens near
flammables. Fatal explosions may re-
sult. Handling hot items presents a se-
rious burn potential. Post warning
signs in work area to alert people to
high temperature items. If burns occur
seek medical aid.
a. Install two new bearings (1) in lead lag link (2).
(1) Heat lead lag link (2) at 230 to 270 F (110 to
132 C) for one hour minimum.
(2) After required soak time, apply sealant to two
new bearings (1). Use sealing compound
(item 157, App F).
(3) Insert two new bearings (1) in lead lag link (2)
until bearing flange seats against lead lag
(4) Allow lead lag link (2) to return to ambient
(5) Apply finger pressure to verify bearings (1) do
b. Inspect (QA).
END OF TASK