ENGINE NOSE GEARBOX OIL FILTER BOWL, STRAINER ELEMENT, AND DIFFERENTIAL
PRESSURE SWITCH (LOCKWIRED TYPE) REMOVAL/INSTALLATION continued
a. Check pressure switch and bowl for cracks.
b. Check pressure switch and bowl for corrosion
c. Check bowl for nicks, gouges, and burrs.
(1) Repair damage 0.030 INCH or less deep by
blending. Use depth gage.
d. Examine orifices inside bowl for obstructions
or foreign matter.
(1) If obstructions or foreign matter cannot be
removed by cleaning, replace bowl.
e. Check pressure switch, bowl, and gearbox
housing for stripped, crossed, or flattened
threads. None allowed.
a. Install new packing (6) in housing (4).
(1) Lubricate packing (6). Use assembly fluid
(item 30, App F).
(2) Install packing (6) in housing (4).
b. Install new element (5) in housing (4).
(1) Lubricate two new packings (7). Use
assembly fluid (item 30, App F).
(2) Install two packings (7) on element (5).
(3) Install element (5) in housing (4).
GO TO NEXT PAGE