ENGINE NOSE GEARBOX FILLER CAP REMOVAL/INSTALLATION continued
a. Remove gearbox filler cap (1) from gearbox
(1) Remove lockwire from cap (1).
(2) Remove cap (1) from gearbox (2).
(3) Remove and discard packing (3).
a. Clean removed and attaching parts or sur-
faces (para 1.47).
a. Check for nicks, gouges, burrs, and corrosion
(1) Repair damaged area 0.030 INCH or less
deep by blending.
b. Check for cracks. None allowed.
c. Check for clogged or damaged screen.
(1) No rips, tears, or holes allowed.
d. Check lanyard. Must not be frayed or broken.
e. Check for crossed, flattened, or stripped
threads. None allowed.
f. Check packing grooves for damage. None al-
GO TO NEXT PAGE