ENGINE NOSE GEARBOX OUTPUT SEAL ASSEMBLY REMOVAL/INSTALLATION continued
(10) Remove packing (12) from seal case (14).
(11) Apply a film of assembly fluid on new packing
(12). Ensure that packing (12) is completely
covered. Use assembly fluid (item 30,
(12) Install packing (12) in seal case (14).
(a) Position packing (12) against shoulder of
groove (18), opposite direction of installa-
Mating surfaces between magnet and
seal case, must be clean and free of
assembly fluid or damage may occur.
Do not apply any direct physical shock
to seal assembly or damage to seal
assembly may occur.
The seal assembly is a magnetic seal.
Hold seal assembly firmly to prevent
faces from slamming together. Care
must be used when mating seal as-
sembly or damage to mating surfaces
(13) Clean mating surfaces of magnet (13) and
seal case (14) (para 1.47).
(14) Apply a film of lubricating oil to mating sur-
faces of magnet (13) and seal case (14). Use
lubricating oil (item 119, App F).
(15) Firmly hold seal case (14) with carbon ring
(19) towards magnet (13) and install on mag-
GO TO NEXT PAGE