ENGINE NOSE GEARBOX ROTOR OUTPUT SHAFT SEAL REMOVAL/INSTALLATION
The following inspection procedures ap-
ply to the rotor output shaft seal.
a. Check cracks and distortion. None allowed.
b. Check for damage on sealing surface. None
c. Check pilot diameter.
(1) Diameter not to exceed 1.560 INCHES. Use
d. Check for corrosion, scratches, nicks, and
(1) Except for pilot diameter and sealing surface,
repair damaged areas measuring 0.030
INCH or less deep by blending. Use depth
If a different seal retainer is being
installed other than the one removed,
shim thickness must be verified. Failure
to do so can result in oil leakage from the
a. Verify correct shim thickness (para 6.40).
b. Install seal (1) on shaft (2).
(1) Lubricate new packing (3). Use assembly
fluid (item 30, App F).
(2) Install packing (3) in seal (1).
(3) Install seal (1) on shaft (2).
c. Inspect (QA).
d. Install engine nose gearbox output seal as-
sembly (para 6.38).
END OF TASK