SECTION III. MAIN TRANSMISSION MAINTENANCE
MAIN TRANSMISSION INSPECTION
This task covers:
6.41.2. Initial Setup
Aircraft maintenance tool kit (item 372, App H)
Fluorescent inspection kit (item 138, App H)
0.000 - 0.125-inch dial indicator depth gage (item 145,
30 - 150 inch-pound 1/4-inch drive click type torque
wrench (item 435, App H)
Aircraft Powertrain Repairer/NDI
Attack Helicopter Repairer/Technical
Access doors T250L, T250R, T290L,
T290R, and L325 opened; fairings L230 and
R230 removed; panels L200 and R200 re-
a. Check for corrosion (para 1.49).
b. Check for scratches, nicks and gouges.
(1) Scratches, nicks and gouges which do not develop into cracks or leaks are acceptable provided that there
are no sharp edges and that damage does not interfere with operational characteristics of affected
If cracks in the main transmission are suspected, refer to TM 1-1520-264-23.
(2) Replace component if scratch, nick, or gouge develops into a crack or leak.
c. Check for sharp edges.
(1) Remove minimal material required to blend sharp edges if blending is required.
(2) Use approved nondestructive testing methods to determine if cracks exist.
(3) If acceptable, provide component with a protective finish to reworked area.
(4) Ensure that protective coat is maintained if no rework is involved.
GO TO NEXT PAGE