MAIN TRANSMISSION COMPRESSOR DRIVE ADAPTER AND SEAL
a. Remove adapter (1) from transmission hous-
(1) Remove four bolts (3) and washers (4) at-
taching adapter (1) to transmission (2). Use
(2) Remove adapter (1) from transmission (2).
(3) Remove and discard packing (5) and two
packings (6) from adapter (1).
(4) Insert removal tool in seal (7). Use seal re-
moval/installation tool (Figure D-461, App D).
(5) Insert slide hammer in removal tool. Use seal
removal/installation tool (Figure D-461,
(6) Slide hammer aft contacting bolt head remov-
ing seal (7).
(7) Discard seal (7).
a. Clean removed and attaching parts or sur-
faces (para 1.47).
The following inspection procedures ap-
ply to the compressor drive adapter and
mating surface on the main transmission.
a. Check for cracks. None allowed.
If cracks in the main transmission are
suspected, refer to TM 1-1520-264-23.
b. Check for corrosion (para 1.49).
c. Check drive plate and inserts for looseness.
GO TO NEXT PAGE