MAIN TRANSMISSION APU INPUT SEAL REMOVAL/INSTALLATION continued
a. Wipe removed and attaching parts with a
a. Check transmission housing to seal mating
surface for corrosion (para 1.49).
The 5 seal is two-way interchange-
able with the basic seal; the 5 is the
The 3 seal (brown elastomer) and 5
seal (black elastomer) are rotational
dependent seals which are not inter-
a. Install new seal (1) in transmission (2). Use
seal removal/installation tool (Figure D-461,
(1) Ensure new seal (1) has black elastomer (5
seal) or if seal used has brown elastomer
verify part number of seal is not 3.
(2) Coat outer surface of seal (1). Use sealing
compound (item 161, App F).
(3) Insert guide in gearshaft (3). Use seal remov-
al/installation tool (Figure D-461, App D).
(4) Install new seal (1) on guide with lip of seal
(5) Install pusher on guide and tap to install new
seal (1). Use seal removal/installation tool
(Figure D-461, App D).
b. Inspect (QA).
c. Install main transmission APU drive flange
END OF TASK