INTERMEDIATE GEARBOX REMOVAL/INSTALLATION
a. Check gearbox for cracks. None allowed.
b. Check studs for damaged threads. None al-
c. Ensure nylon setscrews are installed in both
retainers and input/output bearing housings.
d. Check diffuser seal for tears, cuts, debonding
or missing seal. None allowed. Repair in accor-
dance with paragraph 6.134.6.
e. Check gearbox diffuser for cracks. None al-
lowed (para 6.1).
f. Check gearbox diffuser for nicks and de-
formation (para 6.1).
g. Check gearbox and gearbox diffuser for cor-
rosion (para 1.49).
a. Remove seal (14) from diffuser (1).
(1) Remove seal (14) from diffuser (1).
(2) Clean residue remaining on mating surface of
diffuser (1). Use cloth (item 52, App F) mois-
tened with naphtha (item 127, App F).
b. Install new seal (14) on diffuser (1).
(1) Apply adhesive to mating surface of seal (14)
and diffuser (1). Use adhesive (item 18,
(2) Position seal (14) on diffuser (1). Apply firm
(3) Clean excess adhesive around joints and
seams. Use cloth (item 52, App F) moistened
with naphtha (item 127, App F).
GO TO NEXT PAGE