TAIL ROTOR GEARBOX REMOVAL/INSTALLATION continued
c. Remove gearbox (2) from stabilizer (9).
(1) Install eye bolt (10) in gearbox (2) until fully
seated. Use eye bolt.
(2) Support gearbox (2) by taking up slack on
sling (11) with components handler.
(3) Remove sealant from attaching hardware
(4) Remove four nuts (12) and washers (13) from
mounting studs (14). Discard four nuts (12).
(5) Place gearbox (2) on fixture assembly. Use
adapter kit and sling.
a. Clean mounting area of gearbox and hydrau-
lic support hose bracket (para 1.47).
a. Check four mounting studs for thread dam-
age. None allowed.
b. Check four mounting studs for dents, nicks,
cracks, or scratches.
(1) No dents, cracks, or nicks allowed.
(2) Axial scratches to 0.0002 INCH in depth al-
lowed. Use depth gage.
c. Check four mounting studs for corrosion
d. Check gearbox mounting area bracket sup-
ports for cracks. None allowed.
e. Check gearbox mounting area bracket sup-
ports for corrosion (para 1.49).
GO TO NEXT PAGE