SECTION I. PRIMARY HYDRAULIC SYSTEM MAINTENANCE
PRIMARY HYDRAULIC SYSTEM INSPECTION
This task covers:
7.1.2. Initial Setup
Aircraft mechanics tool kit (item 376, App H)
Attack Helicopter Repairer
a. Check exterior surfaces of hydraulic components for nicks, gouges, scratches, cracks, and corrosion.
(1) Minor scratches (without burrs or raised material) that do not penetrate through protective finish are
acceptable without rework.
(2) Nicks, gouges, corrosion pits (TM 55-1500-344-23), or other minor surface damage that does not exceed
a depth of 0.040 INCH or 10 percent of material thickness, whichever is less after rework, is permissible.
(3) No burnishing is allowed within 0.75 INCH of a bolt hole or corner.
(4) No cracks are allowed.
(5) No mating or working surface repair is allowed.
(6) Touch up removed protective finish as required (TM 55-1500-345-23).
(7) Replace components if damage exceeds repairable limits; or if damage occurs on an oil seal surface,
radius, in a hole, or on a mating or working surface of a part.
b. Repair of internal parts is limited to removal of minor burrs, nicks, or scratches. No repair of working or
mating surfaces is allowed.
GO TO NEXT PAGE