HYDRAULIC SYSTEM LEAK CHECK continued
(2) Inspect AGPU accessories to enfure that set of 30-foot pressure and return hoses, two sets of 10-foot
pressure, and return and adapter hoses for AH-64, and the dual service manifold are available and
(3) Ensure all hydraulic hose connectors on AGPU hydraulic control panel, dual service manifold, and hoses
are protected from contamination with cap or plug.
(4) Remove dual service manifold from its storage location in AGPU and place on large drip pan or other clean
surface about 30 feet from AGPU hydraulic control panel.
(5) Connect hoses to dual manifold in accordance with TM 55-1730-229-12, paragraph 2-7. Inspect each
hose coupling for visible contaminiation and wipe clean prior to making connection. Connect removed
plugs to removed caps at each connection.
Operation of the AGPU is to be performed only by a trained, qualified operator. Refer to instruction
plate on hydraulic control panel door for important setup and shutdown procedures for the AGPU
(6) Perform hydraulic system selffiltering and purging operation in accordance with TM 55-1730-229-12,
page 3-23, paragraph 3-10.
(7) Immediately after shutdown, take sample from system drain connector on AGPU hydraulic control panel by
opening reservoir drain valve. Samples will be taken in accordance with paragraph 7.2.4.
(8) Recurring seven day samples may be taken from reservoir drain fitting without operating AGPU.
GO TO NEXT PAGE