FORWARD FUEL CELL FUEL SHUTOFF VALVE REMOVAL/INSTALLATION continued
g. Remove nipple (7) from valve (2).
(1) Remove nipple (7) from valve (2).
(2) Remove and discard packing (17).
a. Wipe removed and attaching parts with a
a. Check removed and attaching parts for
cracks, nicks, gouges, damaged threads, and
corrosion (para 10.1).
b. Check lugs for cracks. None allowed.
c. Check wire harness for wear, cuts, breaks,
and cracked, broken, or burned insulation
d. Check packing grooves for nicks, dents, and
scratches. None allowed.
Jet fuel will cause external surface of fuel
cell to swell, delaminate, and leak if al-
lowed to contact the fuel cell more than
72 HOURS. Keep jet fuel away from the
outside of fuel cells.
a. Install nipple (7) in valve (2).
(1) Lubricate new packing (17) and threads of
nipple (7). Use petrolatum (item 138, App F).
(2) Install new packing (17) on nipple (7).
(3) Install nipple (7) in valve (2).
GO TO NEXT PAGE