FORWARD OR AFT FUEL CELL BALLISTIC FOAM REPAIR/REPLACEMENT continued
Voids and dents in foam may be filled.
(8) If required, fill void and dents with adhesive.
Use adhesive (item 1, App F).
(9) Remove all debris and foreign objects. Use
(10) Apply a thin even coat of adhesive over all
exposed filler. Use brush (item 36, App F)
and adhesive (item 5, App F).
(11) Allow adhesive to cure 43 HOURS at ambient
(12) Lightly sand repair area. Remove sharp
edges or burrs from sealed foam where patch
(6) will adhere. Use paper (item 132, App F).
(13) Remove all debris and foreign objects. Use
c. Apply kevlar patch (6) to repaired area around
(1) Cut a piece of kevlar cloth large enough to
cover the plug (3) plus a ONE INCH overlap
with the existing liner (1). Use knife and cloth
(item 55, App F).
(2) Trim away frayed edges from patch (6). Use
(3) Lightly sand repair area to ensure a one inch
overlap with existing liner (1). Use paper
(item 132, App F).
(4) Remove all debris and foreign objects. Use
(5) Clean entire repair area (para 1.47).
Ensure that no air pockets or adhesive
starved areas exist when applying adhe-
GO TO NEXT PAGE