FUEL BOOST PUMP, MOTOR, AND DRAIN TUBE REMOVAL/INSTALLATION continued
h. Remove pump (18) from motor (5).
(1) Remove four mounting screws (19).
(2) Remove pump (18) from motor (5).
(3) Remove and discard packing (20).
i. For motor (5) replacement, remove hardware.
(1) Remove nipple (6) and packing (21). Discard
(2) Remove nipple (11) and packing (22). Dis-
card packing (22).
a. Wipe removed and attaching parts with a
a. Check removed and attaching parts for nicks,
dents, cracks, or damaged threads (para 10.1).
b. Check fuel boost pump for loose, missing, or
damaged hardware. None allowed.
c. Check fuel boost pump for corrosion (para
d. Check fuel boost pump for dents, chipped, or
broken housing. None allowed.
e. Check fuel boost pump for damaged threaded
inserts. None allowed.
f. Check fuel boost pump for evidence of over-
heating. None allowed.
g. Check two packing grooves for nicks, burrs,
gouges, or scratches. None allowed.
GO TO NEXT PAGE
ROTATED FOR CLARITY