SELFRETAINING BOLT FIT CHECK continued
c. Check for proper retention.
(1) If bolt (1) can be pulled out of assembly with-
out any restraining force, bolt (1) and assem-
bly should be checked for proper size.
d. Check gap under head of bolt (1).
(1) Pull on bolt (1) until retaining ring (2) inside
edge is flush with surface (3).
(2) Measure gap between head of bolt (1) and
surface (4). Use thickness gage.
(3) If gap A is 0.032 INCH or more, add AN960
washer under head of bolt (1).
(4) Maximum thickness of washer combination to
be added is 0.128 INCH (two washers 0.063
INCH thick) or a combination of one thick
washer and a 0.032 INCH thick washer for a
e. Check that retaining ring (2) clears surface (3)
(1) Remove one washer and replace with thinner
washer if retaining ring (2) does not clear sur-
END OF TASK
IF 0.032 OR GREATER