FLIGHT CONTROLS INSPECTION (MAIN ROTOR) continued
(4) Check helicopters with main rotor swashplate spherical and slider bearings which have chromium oxide
coated (dark brown) spherical balls.
(a) Check spherical ball for flaking.
(b) Replace main rotor swashplate (para 11.6 and para 11.7) if flaking is visible on surface of spherical
(c) No further action required if blistering (without flaking) is visible on spherical ball.
(5) Check helicopters with main rotor swashplate spherical and slider bearings which have chrome coated
(a) Check spherical ball for chipping, flaking and pitting:
1 Pitting is limited to 0.002 INCH in depth. Use depth gage.
2 No single chip or flake larger than 0.10 SQUARE-INCH allowed; total area of all chips and flakes
shall be no more than 0.25 SQUARE-INCH.
(b) Replace main rotor swashplate (para 11.6 and para 11.7) if limits listed above are exceeded on
chrome-coated spherical ball.
(6) Inspect selflubricating fabric bearing liners for nicks and gouges. Defects must not exceed 0.10 INCH in
depth and 1.00 INCH in length. Defects may be blended out if blended area will not exceed 20 percent of
bearing width. Use depth gage.
m. Feel spring cartridges.
(1) Dents, gouges, scratches, nicks, wear, or corrosion not to exceed a depth of 10 percent of material
thickness after repair. Use depth gage.
(2) Radial play of spherical rod end bearing not to exceed 0.006 INCH.
(3) Radial play of ball bearing not to exceed 0.002 INCH.
(4) Check for proper torque and safety of nuts on shaft and rod end bearing. Also check for proper backlash
and safety of cartridge cap.
n. Pilot and CPG collective sticks.
(1) Check pilot and CPG collective stick chop collars for proper installation and condition of copper breakaway
END OF TASK