PILOT LONGITUDINAL SHEAR PIN ACTIVATED DECOUPLER (SPAD)
l. Remove SPAD (19) and bracket (31) from
(1) Remove four nuts (33) and washers (34).
(2) Support SPAD (19) and remove four bolts
(35) from bracket (31).
(3) Remove SPAD (19) and bracket (31).
a. Wipe removed and attaching parts with a
a. Check removed and attaching parts for dam-
age (para 11.5).
b. Check removed and attaching parts for corro-
sion (para 1.49).
c. Check all installed bushing(s) and/or bear-
ing(s) for wear (para 11.5).
d. Check all removed bushing(s) and/or bear-
ing(s) for wear (para 11.4).
e. Check bracket for damage and wear.
(1) Damage within 1-1/2 times bolt mounting
holes bore diameter is not to exceed 10 per-
cent of the material thickness or 0.040 INCH,
whichever is less.
(2) Damage in bulkhead of deck attachment area
is not to exceed 25 percent of the item area
and no more than 20 percent of material
thickness after repair.
GO TO NEXT PAGE