STABILATOR ACTUATOR DISASSEMBLY/ASSEMBLY
a. Wipe removed and attaching parts with a clean rag.
b. Clean actuators (para 1.47).
a. Check removed and attaching parts for cracks. None allowed.
b. Check removed and attaching parts for damage (para 11.190).
c. Check removed and attaching parts for corrosion (para 1.49).
d. Check nut for stripped threads. None allowed.
e. Check actuators for damaged connectors (TM 1-1500-204-23).
f. Check interior of removed actuators for evidence of water intrusion and/or corrosion.
(1) Replace actuator if interior markings indicate water has been or is being trapped in housing.
g. Check actuator mounting surfaces for scratches or damaged surfaces.
(1) If any scratch extends from outer edge of the mounting area to inner edge and is 0.010 INCH or greater in
depth, replace actuator.
(2) If mounting surface has damage which exceeds 0.040 INCH from the outer edge between mounting holes,
(3) If mounting surface has damage which exceeds 0.075 INCH radially beyond each mounting hole, replace
h. Check mounting surface for flatness by placing a straight edge across the mounting holes and
passing a thin metal shim feeler gage between the straight edge and mounting surface.
(1) Measure all four areas between the mounting holes. If there is a void of 0.010 INCH or greater, replace
GO TO NEXT PAGE