DIRECTIONAL CONTROL SYSTEM INSPECTION continued
b. Control rods.
Replace excessively worn bearing(s) (para 11.2 or 11.3).
(1) Straightness must be within 0.030 INCH.
(2) Damage depth is not to exceed 0.010 INCH or 10 percent of wall thickness, whichever is less.
(3) Damage length must not exceed 1.0 INCH.
(4) Scratches and gouges not to exceed 1/3 circumference of the rod after repair.
(5) Refer to TM 1-1500-204-23 for additional limits.
c. Drive links (scissors).
(1) Load-bearing maximum allowable axial play 0.030 INCH measured at the elbow joint.
d. Bushings and bearings.
Maximum allowable damage limits (TM 55-1500-322-24).
Replace excessively worn bushing(s) and/or bearing(s) (para 11.4).
(1) Radial play with bolt in bushing or bearing inside diameter 0.004 INCH.
(2) Radial play with sliding bushing in flanged inside diameter 0.004 INCH.
(3) Radial play in ball bearing 0.002 INCH.
(4) Radial play of Teflon bearing 0.006 INCH.
(5) Serviceability of non-rotating swashplate inboard and outboard sleeve bearings. Inspect for debonding,
folding, tearing, and wear through to metal. None allowed.
(6) Measure non-rotating swashplate inboard and outboard sleeve bearings for serviceability. Measure ID four
places equally spaced, both liner bearings.
(a) Reconditioned or in-service liner bearing ID is limited to 4.752 INCHES minimum and 4.767 INCHES
e. Tail rotor pitch link assembly.
(1) Check pitch link assembly for gouges and scratches (para 11.277).
(2) Maximum allowable radial play 0.011 INCH (large bearing), 0.006 INCH (small bearing).
(3) Maximum allowable axial play 0.020 INCH (large bearing), 0.014 INCH (small bearing).
GO TO NEXT PAGE