DIRECTIONAL CONTROL SYSTEM INSPECTION continued
-9, -11, and -13 swashplates are not to be used and are to be immediately removed. If found, a
Category 1 QDR should be issued.
(1) Bolt holes maximum allowable elongation 0.002 INCH.
(2) Nicks and scratches to 0.030 INCH maximum depth must be blended out.
(3) Rod end tang nicks and scratches to 0.015 INCH maximum depth must be blended out.
New swashplate bearings have a tendency to purge grease in the initial hours of operation until the
grease is evenly distributed within the bearing. This purging can also be the result of operations in high
(4) The following procedure is to be used for assessing grease purging from the 7-311527038-15, -17, -19,
and -901 T/R swashplates.
(a) A small amount of grease purging from the swashplate is normal on new swashplate bearings for the
first 50 flight hours.
(b) After the accrual of 50 flight hours, no excessive grease leakage is permitted except for an occasional
light trace; significantly less than a new, zero time bearing.
(c) If after the initial 50 flight hour period, grease is expelled in significant quantities (evidence on
surrounding components), remove and replace the T/R swashplate. Replace the swashplate assem-
bly in accordance with para 11.262.
g. Feel spring cartridge.
(1) Dents, gouges, scratches, nicks, wear, or corrosion not to exceed a depth of 10 percent of the material
thickness after repair.
(2) Radial play spherical rod end bearing not to exceed 0.006 INCH.
(3) Radial play of ball bearing not to exceed 0.002 INCH.
(4) Check for proper torque and safety of nut on shaft and rod end bearing.
(5) Check for proper backlash and safety of cartridge cap.
GO TO NEXT PAGE