DIRECTIONAL F.S. 348 PUSH-PULL ROD WITH GUIDES REMOVAL continued
e. Check sleeves bonded to push-pull rod at
guide interface areas for proper adhesion to
push-pull rod, damage, and excessive wear.
(1) Visually check sleeves for areas that show no
(2) Using the sleeve area that shows no wear as
the zero reference point, check entire length
of sleeves for damage or wear.
(a) Damage or wear not to exceed 0.005
INCH. Use depth gage.
(b) Repair if sleeves are worn, damaged, or
not properly bonded to push-pull rod.
This repair is typical for all sleeves.
a. Prepare rod (8) sleeve mounting area (25) for
(1) Remove sleeves (26) from rod (8) if neces-
sary. Use heater.
(2) Remove all sealant from rod (8) sleeve
mounting surface (25). Use methyl ethyl
ketone (item 124, App F) and cloth (item 52,
(3) Dry push-pull rod sleeve mounting surface
(25). Use cloth (item 52, App F).
GO TO NEXT PAGE