TAIL ROTOR DE-ICE BRUSH AND SHUNT REPLACEMENT (AVIM) continued
Brush and shunt assembly is fragile and
must be handled with care. Brush may be
damaged if accidently dropped or han-
New shunt must be cut to length to allow
free movement of brush in brush holder.
Use old shunt to determine proper length.
a. Install new lug (5) on new brush and shunt (7).
(1) Cut new shunt (7) to proper length.
(2) Coat end of insulation (10) with plastic. Use
brush (item 34, App F) and plastic strip
(item 139, App F).
To prevent damage to tail rotor de-ice com-
ponents, ensure that springs remain clean
and undamaged during assembly.
Install new brush with step facing away
b. Install new brush and shunt (7) in holder (8).
(1) Gently displace spring (9) to clear holder (8).
(2) Install new brush (7) in holder (8).
(3) Lower spring (9) to contact brush (7).
GO TO NEXT PAGE