PYLON REMOVAL/INSTALLATION - continued
e. Check pylon rack hooks for allowable release
(1) Position rack hooks to the indicated HOOK-
(2) Move rack hooks to the indicated HOOK-UN-
LOCKED position. Use torque wrench. Note
torque reading at release point.
(3) Rack is operational if torque reading is less
than 120 INCH-POUNDS. Repair rack if
torque reading to open rack hooks is greater
than 120 INCH-POUNDS (para 16.5).
f. Check all components for corrosion; paying par-
ticular attention to suspension hook, hollow pivot
pin, actuator shaft bearing nut, inner and outer
shell surfaces (para 1.49).
(1) Unpitted surface corrosion is acceptable if it
can be removed with a scouring pad. Use pad
(item 130, App F). Refinish cleaned parts
(2) Corrosion pits are unacceptable. Replace
parts that have corrosion pits.
(3) Replace steel parts that have pitted or broken
a. Just before installing pylon (1), clean and lu-
bricate mating surface of hydraulic couplings
female half (4) and male half (5).
(1) Clean mating surfaces of hydraulic couplings
female half (4) and male half (5). Use cloth
(item 52, App F) dampened with isopropyl
alcohol (item 106, App F).
GO TO NEXT PAGE