PYLON CONTROLLER AND CONTROLLER BRACKET REMOVAL/INSTALLATION - continued
a. Check mounting bracket and connector P506
for cracks. None allowed.
b. Check nutplates damage (para 16.1).
c. Check mounting bracket for corrosion (para
Maintain pressure on preloaded
spring while installing retaining ring.
A spring-loaded mechanism can
cause injury to personnel if released
in an uncontrolled manner. Always
take care while working with the
Go to step c if only controller is being
a. Attach connector P506 (8) on bracket (2).
(1) Route connector (8) through bracket (2). En-
sure connector (8) is alined with key on
(2) Place spring (13) and washer (12) on aft side
of connector (8).
(3) Install retainer ring (11). Use retaining ring
(4) Apply pressure to aft side of connector (8).
Use handle of hammer (9) (a similar object
may be used if made of wood) to maintain
tension on spring (13). Install retainer ring
(10) on forward side of connector (8). Use
retaining ring pliers.
GO TO NEXT PAGE