SECTION II. INVENTORIABLE ITEMS
The selection of inventoriable items is without regard to the agency, governmental or contractual, furnishing the
a. Items listed are:
(1) Items essential to the execution of the designated mission of the aircraft, such as electronic, photographic,
armament, special mission instruments, and safety and comfort.
(2) Loose equipment delivered with the aircraft and items subject to pilferage or readily converted to personal
(3) Modification kits which are issued or distributed to using organizations for installation and which are not
immediately placed in work, shall be recorded on the affected aircraft DA Form 2408-17, Aircraft Inventory Record,
and identified as loose equipment until modification is complete.
(4) Equipment required for operation in a specific environment.
b. Items excluded are:
(1) Nonaccountable items coded as expendable in the applicable stock lists.
(2) Personal issue or furnished on unit allowance or other authority.
(3) Items or components considered to be basic or integral parts of the airframe, or basic to the aircraft, such
as engines, propellers, wheels, and standard instruments.
(4) Equipment publications, checklists, and aircraft forms.
PERIODS OF INVENTORY
Inventoriable items shall be checked against aircraft inventory record, DA Form 2408-17, at the following periods:
a. Upon receipt.
b. Prior to transfer of the aircraft to another organization.
c. Upon placing aircraft in storage and upon removal from storage. Aircraft need not be inventoried while in
d. Twelve months after last inventory.
e. Loose equipment shipped under separate cover is inventoried when transferred by the sending activity and
immediately when received by the receiving activity.