FLYABLE STORAGE NO TIME LIMIT continued
To prevent damage to rotor system, do not start engines or pressurize hydraulic system with main rotor
blades tied down. Remove helicopter from storage status before starting engines.
p. Every fourteen days during storage:
(1) Perform 10-hour/14-day inspection (TM 1-1520-238-PMS).
(2) Perform engine 10-hour/14-day inspection (TM 55-2840-248-23).
(3) Check main and tail landing gear shock strut extension and adjust to normal as required (para 1.40, 1.41,
(4) Remove main rotor blade tiedowns (para 1.107).
(5) Remove engine protective covers (para 1.60).
(6) Remove APU exhaust protective cover (para 1.60).
(7) Remove barrier material and tape from APU intake.
(8) Start and operate APU for 10 to 15 minutes (para 1.74).
(9) Perform engine ground run-up procedures (TM 55-1520-238-10).
(a) Allow engines to run at idle for 5 minutes.
(b) Shut down engines and allow to cool.
(10) Install protective covers (para 1.59).
(11) Seal all fuselage openings. Use barrier material (item 32, App F) and tape (item 207, App F).
(12) Install main rotor blade tiedowns (para 1.106).
(13) Inspect helicopter for corrosion and perform appropriate corrosion control procedures (para 1.49).
END OF TASK