REMOVAL FROM SHORT TERM STORAGE 1 TO 45 DAYS continued
f. Remove technical manuals, fire extinguishers, headsets, first aid kits, and clock from storage.
(1) Remove barrier material and tape and install in helicopter.
g. Install external stores jettison firing cartridges (para 16.3).
h. Install battery and connect battery plug and battery sensor to battery (para 9.40).
(1) Disconnect sensor plug from stowage receptacle.
(2) Connect battery plug and battery sensor to battery.
i. Clean helicopter (TM 55-1500-344-23).
Before performing operational checks, ensure all systems and components are depreserved and
j. Perform 10 hour/14 day inspection (TM 1-1520-238-PMS).
k. Start and operate auxiliary power unit (para 1.74).
(1) Allow APU to operate for 10 to 15 minutes.
l. Perform engine ground run-up procedures (TM 55-1520-238-10).
(1) Allow engines to run at idle for 5 minutes.
(2) Shut engines down and allow to cool.
m. Perform after activation inspection.
(1) Check log book for record of removed or disconnected components. Ensure that these components have
been installed and/or connected, test flight may be required (TM 1-1500-328-23).
(2) Check that all procedures for removal from storage have been accomplished.
(3) Check that all log entries have been made for helicopter, engines, and APU.
(4) Perform engine 10-hour/14 day inspection (TM 55-2840-248-23).
(5) Inspect helicopter for corrosion and perform appropriate corrosion control procedures (para 1.49).
END OF TASK