REMOVAL FROM INTERMEDIATE STORAGE 46 TO 180 DAYS continued
f. Remove technical manuals, fire extinguishers, headsets, first aid kits, and clock from storage.
(1) Remove barrier material and tape and install in helicopter.
g. Install external stores jettison firing cartridges (para 16.3).
h. Depreserve battery compartment and install battery.
(1) Remove barrier material, tape, and residue left by tape from battery compartment, battery connectors, and
seal vent holes. Use cloth (item 52, App F) and dry cleaning solvent (item 74, App F).
(2) Install battery (para 9.40).
i. Depreserve forward and aft fuel cells.
(1) Drain fuel cells (para 1.21).
(2) Flush fuel cells with JP-4 and JP-5 fuel until fuel draining out is free of oil.
(3) Remove warning tags from fuel cell filler caps.
(4) Service fuel cells to full (para 1.13).
j. Perform auxiliary power unit (APU) depreservation procedures (para E.12).
k. Perform engine depreservation procedures (TM 55-2840-248-23).
l. Clean helicopter (TM 55-1500-344-23).
Before performing operational checks, ensure all systems and components are depreserved and
m. Perform 10-hour/14-day inspection (TM 1-1520-238-PMS).
n. Start and operate auxiliary power unit (para 1.74).
(1) Allow APU to operate for 10 to 15 minutes.
o. Perform engine ground run-up procedures (TM 55-1520-238-10).
(1) Allow engines to run at idle for 5 minutes.
(2) Shut engines down and allow to cool.
GO TO NEXT PAGE