HELICOPTER WEIGHING (AIRCRAFT ON PLATFORM SCALES) continued
ZERO ALL SCALES BEFORE EACH
a. Place Aircraft on Scales.
(1) Ensure that the MLG platform scales are
each located an equal distance from the cen-
ter of the scale to the center of each tire.
Ensure that the TLG scale is located the
same distance as the MLG from the center of
the scale to the center of the wheel.
(2) With an operator in the pilots seat to hold
brakes as needed, use a tail wheel tow bar to
TOW aircraft backward onto scales, center-
ing the aircraft on the scales as much as pos-
(3) Chock aircraft tires. Ensure no portion of
chock block is in contact with scale.
Release parking brake to prevent side-
loading effects and have operator exit
(4) Lock tail wheel, disconnect tow bar from tail
wheel and set aside.
(5) Close aircraft doors.
(6) Allow sufficient time for scales and rotor
blades to dampen.
b. Check lateral level
(1) Check lateral level. Plumb-bob line (5)
should hang 1/32 inches from the edge of the
(2) Adjust tire pressure as required to obtain a
reasonable lateral level paragraph 1.43.
c. Record Plumb-bob angle and scale readings.
(1) Read plumb-bob angle (a) from where
plumb-bob crosses the edge of the target
and record in block 4 of Figure G-3A and
block 23 of Figure G-4A.
(2) Record scale readings on DD Form 365-2
Blocks 1, 2, and 3. (Figure G-3A)
GO TO NEXT PAGE