HELICOPTER WEIGHING (AIRCRAFT ON PLATFORM SCALES) continued
e. Tail Gear Reaction point.
Remove ramp from TLG scale and
replace after measurement is recorded.
(1) Suspend the plumb-bob line over the center
of the left rear landing gear inside attachment
bolt . Ensure the line hangs clear of the fuse-
lage and barely clears the ground. Mark on
the ground the point indicated by the plumb-
bob. Repeat for the right rear landing gear
inside attachment bolt.
(2) Using the Chalkine from the aircraft platform
scales kit, mark a line through the points on
Continue 18 inches past each end of the
TLG axle ends.
(3) Install the Axle Extension Tool in TLG tow bar
(4) On the tail landing gear wheels, suspend the
plumb-bob line from the axle extension tool.
Ensure the line hangs clear of the scale and
barely clears the floor. Mark a point on the
ground Repeat for the right side of the tail
(5) Remove axle extension tool.
(6) Using the steel tape from the aircraft platform
scales kit, measure to the chalk line from the
point marked on the ground on the left side of
the tail wheel axle. Using an arching motion,
move the steel tape back and forth to find the
minimum value of TL (tail landing gear left).
Repeat this procedure for TR (tail landing
(7) Add TL and TR, and divide by two to get the
value of T average. Add 548.15 to T average
and enter the result in block 8 of Figure G-3A.
GO TO NEXT PAGE