HELICOPTER WEIGHING (AIRCRAFT ON PLATFORM SCALES)
For the AH-64A helicopter, ARM equals Fuselage Station (F.S.) and Moment = Weight X ARM.
Addition of weights or moments is acceptable, but the addition of ARMS is NOT acceptable.
Record all calculations and data on Aircraft Weighing Record, DD Form 365-2. See Figure G-3AA
and G-4AA for form illustration and block locations.
a. Determine reaction locations for Main and Tail Wheels.
(1) Calculate E, block 7 by adding B and I, blocks 5 and 6 respectively.
E = B+1
(2) Enter the value for E, block 7 in block 16.
(3) Enter the value for F, block 8 in block 17.
b. Fill in identifying data on top of DD Form 365-2.
c. Record average of scale readings (weighing #1 + weighing #2 divided by 2) in blocks 11, 12 and 14.
d. Add data in block 11 and 12and record sum (subtotal) in block 13.
e. Add data in block 13and 14 and record sum (total) in block 15.
f. Calculate subtotal and tail moments.
(1) Multiply block 13and block 16 and record result in block 19.
(2) Multiply block 14 and block 17 and record result in block 20.
g. Add moments in blocks 19 and 20 and record sum (total) in block 21.
h. Divide moment in block 21 by weight in block 15and enter result (ARM as weighed) in blocks 18 and 9.
GO TO NEXT PAGE