e. DESCRIPTION AND USABLE ON CODE (UOC) (Column (5)).
This column includes the following infor-
(1) The Federal item name and, when required, a minimum description to identify the item.
(2) The physical security classification is not applicable.
(3) Items that are included in kits and sets are listed below the name of the kit or set.
(4) Spare/repair parts that make up an assembled item are listed immediately following the assembled item
(5) Part numbers for bulk materials are referenced in this column in the line item entry for the item to be
(6) When the item is not used with all the serial numbers of the same model, the effective serial numbers are
shown on the last line(s) of the description (before UOC).
(7) The usable on code, when applicable (see paragraph 5, Special Information).
(8) In the Special Tools List section, the basis of issue (BOI) appears as the last line(s) in the entry for each
special tool, special TMDE, and other special support equipment. When density of equipments supported exceeds
density spread indicated in the basis of issue, the total authorization is increased proportionately.
(9) The statement END OF FIGURE appears just below the last item description in Column 5 for a given
figure in both Section II and Section III.
f. QTY (Column (6)).
The QTY (quantity per figure column) indicates the quantity of the item used in the
breakout shown on the illustration figure, which is prepared for a functional group, subfunctional group, or an
assembly. A V appearing in this column in lieu of a quantity indicates that the quantity is variable and the quantity
may vary from application to application.
4. Explanation of Columns (Section II and III).
a. NATIONAL STOCK NUMBER (NSN) INDEX.
(1) STOCK NUMBER column.
This column lists the NSN by National item identification number (NIIN)
sequence. The NIIN consists of the last nine digits of the NSN (i.e.,
. When using this column
to locate an item, ignore the first 4 digits of the NSN. However, the complete NSN should be used when ordering
parts by stock number.
(2) FIG. column.
This column lists the number of the figure where the item is identified/located. The
figures are in numerical order in Section II and Section III.
(3) ITEM column.
The item number identifies the item associated with the figure listed in the adjacent
FIG. column. This item is also identified by the NSN listed on the same line.