7. Note FAT and pressure altitude.
8. Record A/C hours, FAT, pressure altitude and
indicated TGT on HIT baseline worksheet (fig
5-2, Chapter 5).
9. If NG is less than 90% and FAT is 15 C or
below, then increase collective to 90%. If NG is
less than 90% and FAT is above 15 C, then
increase collective to 94%.
10. For engine being checked, set ENG INLET
switch to ON and note the following:
a. Increase in TGT of at least 30 C.
b. ANTI-ICE advisory light comes on.
ANTI-ICE panel ENG INLET advisory
light remains on after 90 seconds.
Do not cycle anti-ice bleed and start valve
more than once to determine proper op-
Anti-ice valve malfunction can cause en-
gine flameout at low power settings or
during rapid collective movements.
If any part of the anti-ice check fails, do
not fly aircraft.
11. Set ANTI-ICE panel switch to OFF and note the
a. Decrease in TGT to approximate value in
b. ANTI-ICE panel ENG INLET advisory light