4. VDU mode switch CPG. View heading tape on
software. DEK Enter SP1
PPOS, ALT, MV and spheroid data for present
location as required. For
software, use CDU
ADMIN and NAV pages to enter PPOS/Datum
6. HSI compass card Note helicopter heading.
steps 7 through 13 below. For
ware, steps 7 through 13 may be completed
or perform the automated HARS Extended
Alignment test via the CDU FD/LS page.
7. HARS switch NORM for 5 seconds, then to
8. Wait for second rotation of HSI compass card
(approximately 3 5 minutes after setting HARS
switch to FAST). HARS switch NORM during
second rotation of the HSI compass card when
HSI compass card is 180 from helicopter head-
9. HSI HDG flag Goes out of view within 3
minutes of setting HARS switch to NORM.
10. VDU Heading tape remains in view.
11. If the HDG flag remains in view, or if the heading
tape is no longer visible, the self test has failed.
Set HARS switch to OFF and repeat steps 5.
thru 10. above.
12. If the HARS passes the second test, the first
failure was because of invalid data in the
mission data memory. Set HARS switch to OFF
and complete a normal alignment prior to