FD/LS OPERATION GENERAL
FD/LS OPERATING MODES
FD/LS OPERATION GENERAL.
a. Continuous Test Mode.
(1) FD/LS continuous test mode is an automatic test
that is performed continuously following power-up.
(2) During the continuous test mode each system test
is performed one after the other until the operator selects
FD/LS with the DATA ENTRY switch on the DEK (ADC) or the
FD/LS fixed action button (FAB) on the CDU (ADD). A list of
continuous test mode NOGO indications is available for
(3) The mode is used to determine current status of
flight critical and mission essential systems. All continuous test
mode results are stored in an auto status buffer located within
(4) The FD/LS prompt software routine is bypassed
until 2 minutes have lapsed from initial aircraft power-up. This
allows for all system hardware components to stabilize and
omits erroneous system NO-GOs due to power surges upon
FD/LS NO-GO messages may take as long as
12 seconds after an associated system indicator
lights on pilot or CPG caution/warning panel.
(5) A detected NO-GO causes a flashing FD/LS
prompt to be displayed on the HOD, a FDLS message on
the CDU (ADD) and the associated system indicator on the
pilot and CPG caution/warning panels to light.
(6) The FD/LS prompt flashes at a rate of one flash per
second for 8 seconds and does not repeat again until 56
seconds have elapsed.
(7) Once FD/LS is selected with the DATA ENTRY
switch on the DEK (ADC) or the FD/LS FAB on the CDU
(ADD), [an asterisk is displayed to the left of the FD/LS
message which activated the FD/LS flasher (ACZ)] the FD/LS
prompt is reset so that it does not appear again until a new
NO-GO is detected.