OPERATOR APPLICATIONS FOR THE DEK
(ADC) GENERAL (cont)
(1) On the DEK, set the DATA ENTRY switch to
FD/LS, press and release any key except ENTER SPACE or
SHIFT to display the first page of the FD/LS menu.
(2) An alternate method of accessing the first page of
the FD/LS menu is to set the DATA ENTRY switch to FD/LS,
press and release R SHIFT and DEF/2 keys on the DEK.
(3) Select the desired test from the FD/LS menu and
enter the menu address associated with that test. If necessary,
press and release the ENTER SPACE key to scroll to the
second page of the FD/LS menu.
(4) When the system menu address is entered into the
DEK, the FD/LS maintenance test is automatically performed;
any NO-GOs along with the location of the faulty LRUs in the
selected system are displayed on the selected display monitor.
(5) If the system is not faulty, a GO message indicates
a successful test.
For certain conditions and situations, operator
interaction (acknowledgement or answer,
etc.) may be required during the FD/LS
Control/switch position changes prompted by
FD/LS are to be performed within 30 seconds
of the appearance of the prompt, or a false
NO-GO message appears on the selected
(6) If a prompt or advisory message which requires an
acknowledgement is received, perform the operations as
stated in the message.
(7) Acknowledging the prompted action(s) that have
been performed can be accomplished by pressing and
releasing the ENTER SPACE key on the DEK. Upon
responding to the prompt, FD/LS will proceed with the testing
Shift keys (L SHIFT, MID SHIFT, and R SHIFT)
are used to select left, center, or right alpha
characters on the DEK keys.
(8) If a prompt and advisory message display requires
a Y (Yes) or N (No) answer, press and release the L SHIFT
and YZ*/9 keys for Y and MID SHIFT and MNO/5 keys for N.