OPERATOR APPLICATIONS FOR THE DEK
(ADC) GENERAL (cont)
(9) To abort the FD/LS check, press and release the
ENTER SPACE key or set the DATA ENTRY switch to STBY
on the DEK.
(10) To perform the next FD/LS check, enter the new
system menu address into the DEK.
b. General Procedures Using the DEK to Perform
Boresighting Alignments, Verifications, and Editing.
(1) On the DEK, set the DATA ENTRY switch to
(2) Press and release MID SHIFT and ABC/1 keys to
display the boresight menu. The following is an example of the
(3) The operator may select a boresight function from
the menu by entering the menu address into the DEK.
(4) Operator interaction is required to perform the
selected boresight function.
(5) For further information concerning the use and
operation of the boresighting functions, refer to
OPERATOR APPLICATIONS FOR THE CDU (ADD)
a. General Procedures for Operating FD/LS.
(1) On the CDU select FAB FDLS, press and release
any key except SPC to display the first page of the FD/LS
(2) Select the desired test from the FD/LS menu and
enter the menu address associated with that test. If necessary,
press and release the SPC key to scroll to the second page of
the FD/LS menu.
(3) When the system menu address is entered into the
CDU, the FD/LS maintenance test is automatically performed;
any NO-GOs along with the location of the faulty LRUs in the
selected system are displayed on the selected display monitor.
(4) If the system is not faulty, a GO message indicates
a successful test.