OPERATOR APPLICATIONS FOR THE CDU
(ADD) GENERAL (cont)
For certain conditions and situations, operator
interaction (acknowledgement or answer,
etc.) may be required during the FD/LS
Control/switch position changes prompted by
FD/LS are to be performed within 30 seconds
of the appearance of the prompt, or a false
NO-GO message appears on the selected
(5) If a prompt or advisory message which requires an
acknowledgement is received, perform the operations as
stated in the message.
(6) Acknowledging the prompted action(s) that have
been performed can be accomplished by pressing and
releasing the SPC key on the CDU. Upon responding to the
prompt, FD/LS will proceed with the testing automatically.
(7) If a prompt and advisory message display requires
a Y (Yes) or N (No) answer, press and release the Y key for
YES or the N key for NO.
(8) To abort the FD/LS check, press and release the
(9) To perform the next FD/LS check, enter the new
system menu address into the CDU.
b. General Procedures Using the CDU to Perform
Boresighting Alignments, Verifications, and Editing.
(1) On the CDU, select FAB FDLS.
(2) Press and release the B key to display the
boresight menu. The following is an example of the boresight
(3) The operator may select a boresight function from
the menu by entering the menu address into the CDU.
(4) The EGI boresight function may be selected by
selecting the program FAB (PGM). BST EGI will appear on the
first line next to the first VAB.