RECOMMENDED STEPS PRIOR TO AIRCRAFT OPERATION
Tool Kit, Aircraft
Analysis Test Set
Helicopter Rotor Head
Balance and Blade
Track Run Test
Attack Helicopter Repairer
Main rotor assembly
a. Prior to aircraft operation the following steps are recommended:
(1) Check erosion of leading edge rotor blade in area that tracker views. If underside of leading edge paint
is eroded, lightly paint (fog) the underside of leading edge in area of tracker view with flat black paint.
(2) Check accelerometer type. Select appropriate AIRCRAFT TYPE (AH64 OR AH64NB) from main
screen on CADU. Select manager option (F4), then select SETUP and select ACCELEROMETER. For AH-64
script file, accelerometer channels 5 14 should be defined as AH64 Acc. For AH-64NB script file,
accelerometers 1 14 should be set to Wil M991, or to the type that is being utilized for the wire around
(3) Check for 0.003 0.007 INCH gap of magnetic pick-up, and check interrupters to ensure that they are
(4) Verify main rotor blade trim tab markings (TM 1-1520-238-23).
(5) If new blades are installed, verify that trim tabs are set to 0 degrees for all blade pockets (#010).
(6) If previously tracked blades are installed, measure and record trim tab settings. If trim tabs are bent in
a uniform direction, do not adjust tabs before flying blade to verify track. If trim tabs are bent in opposing
directions, zero trim tabs for all blade pockets (#010). If trim tab in pockets #03 are not 0, this should be noted
for possible future troubleshooting, see troubleshooting sections (para 522).
(7) The FM antenna on the tail should be removed before running aircraft for balance to prevent damage
to antenna. The antenna should be installed when balance is complete.
END OF TASK